Thank you for visiting our website. We understand and appreciate the courage it can take to access support, as a first time or returning visitor.
We want you to know you are not to blame and you are not alone. We aim to do three things:
Sexual violence, including rape, sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse, is traumatic and everyone responds differently. Whatever you feel is a completely valid response.
This site contains:
- information about us, the services we offer and how to access them
- information about sexual violence and the impact it can have
- suggestions for how you can learn to manage overwhelming feelings
- links to other organisations for further information and support
- sections for professionals, family members and friends who are supporting someone who has experienced sexual violence
We hope you find this website useful.
Office: 0161 273 4591, Monday to Friday – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Helpline: 0161 273 4500, Monday to Friday – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday evenings 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Our lines can be busy so please leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. If you need help outside of these times, please call the Samaritans on 116 123. If you are within the Greater Manchester area, you can also call the Sanctuary on 0300 003 7029.
In an emergency please call 999
Find a Rape Crisis centre near you on the Rape Crisis England and Wales website