Interested in volunteering?
If you are a woman and you are 21 or over please contact us for more information.
In return for a regular commitment of one shift per month, GMRC offers formal training covering basic counselling skills and specific information relevant to the work of the helpline, as well as access to on-going training opportunities. Support is provided through regular helpline meetings.
Helpline volunteer person specification:
- To be honest, respectful & punctual.
- To have good communication skills.
- To show respect to the callers and to colleagues.
- To be able to commit to GMRC.
- To be able to show empathy & compassion to callers.
- To be non-judgemental & trustworthy.
- Volunteers must be 21 or over.
Click on the links below to download and complete your application. We ask that you contact your own referees so please complete the reference form.
Once the application form has been received, we will keep it on file and contact you in May to arrange an interview.